About Us

Also under this section:

My name is Mia Dunbar, and I am currently a student at Thompson Rivers University. I am in the Social Work program, finishing up my Bachelor of Social Work degree before I start on the amazing journey which is my career. My hope is that I may return to my home community to help uplift the very people who helped me on my career path.

Body image has always been a very important topic to me as I have struggled with body image and loving myself. With these social media-driven times, we’re so obsessed with how we look 24/7 and we’re very aware of other people’s perspectives on us. I want to open the conversation, so we can start promoting a healthier body image.

Sometimes it’s not just about loving yourself but appreciating yourself for the body you’re in.

My name is Marie Kaluza. I use she/her pronouns. I am currently a third-year (almost fourth-year) social work student at Thompson Rivers University. Although I am not sure where exactly my degree will lead me, I am excited to start on the journey.

I am ecstatic to be co-creators with Mia in building this website and podcast, as she was the one who came up with the brilliant idea to create a project on body image. I feel the topic is important to normalize and shed awareness on. There are many people out there who struggle with shame or dislike directed at their bodies, myself included.

My goal in creating this website and podcast is to take on an anti-oppressive lens and shed light on individuals who have been excluded from body image movements.